“How wonderful it is that you need not wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.” ~ Anne Frank
There are countless ways to make a difference with GEM. Whether you lead a craft activity, play music or simply chat with participants, your skills are needed. Opportunities are available for individuals and groups. Volunteer for a one-time project or on an ongoing basis; every contribution is meaningful.
Contact Gail at (252) 480-3354 or email her at email@example.com for additional information.
Do you have “It”? If so, we want you!
- “It” is always maintaining the dignity of the participants.
- “It” is always interacting with participants in a genuine and pleasant way.
- “It” is always being available to listen to what participants have to say.
- “It” is always demonstrating flexibility.
- “It” is always remembering that each participant has an interesting and unique life story.
- “It” is wanting to make a difference in the life of an adult with dementia or physical limitations.
Examples of Volunteer Opportunites
- Activity Assistant – Provide individual attention to participants during activities such as crafts and baking.
- Administrative Volunteer – Help with the newsletter, press releases and other publications.
- Trip Volunteer – Help participants when going on day trips to local attractions or restaurants.
- Entertainer – Play music for our participants.
- Special Event Volunteer – Help coordinate and prepare for events such as concerts, yard sales, open houses or community workshops.